The Shikoku Region
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Pokemon Role-play site for Intermediate to Advanced players. Play with the best!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Vote For Us
Vote For The Shikoku Region
at Pokemon RP Topsites

TopLists
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Staff Members
Site Owners
Cleo :: Kisha
Moderators
TBA
Latest topics
» Norton 19.9.1.14 Trial Reset.rar
In-Game Rules EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 11:50 pm by 

» Sverige-- Fantasy Wolf RPG
In-Game Rules EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 2:15 pm by Guest

» Pokemon Encounters
In-Game Rules EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 1:15 pm by Cleo

» Pokemon Encounters
In-Game Rules EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 1:02 pm by Cleo

» Pokemon Encounters
In-Game Rules EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 8:35 pm by Cleo

» Pokemon Encounters
In-Game Rules EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 8:17 pm by Cleo

» Pokemon Encounters
In-Game Rules EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 8:01 pm by Cleo

» Commons List
In-Game Rules EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 5:04 pm by Cleo

» Nix, Cleopatra [Trainer]
In-Game Rules EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 10:51 pm by Cleo

User of the Month
In-Game Rules Icon-5
Top posters
Cleo
In-Game Rules Vote_lcapIn-Game Rules Voting_barIn-Game Rules Vote_rcap 
Affiliates
free forum

In-Game Rules

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cleo

Cleo

Character sheet
Pokedex: 1
Items: Five Pokeballs, Two Full Heals

In-Game Rules Empty
PostSubject: In-Game Rules   In-Game Rules EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 8:10 pm

Traveling-
You'll be traveling from place to place throughout your journey, but there are some rules you have to follow.
  • You have to start out in the first town.
  • You cannot skip locations that are on the path you're taking
  • You cannot use Fly until you have the Avian badge. When you do use Fly, you cannot ride on a Pokemon smaller than yourself (such as a Pidgey)
  • You cannot use Surf until you have the Tidal badge. When you do use Surf, you cannot ride a Pokemon smaller than yourself (such as Clampearl)
  • You must always stay on the paths

Battling-
There are two types of Pokemon battles. Trainer battles and Wild Battles. Trainer battles are when two Trainers pit their Pokemon against each other and fight to see who has the strongest Pokemon. Wild Battles can happen at anytime, anywhere, when you least expect it. A wild Pokemon will jump you. If the Pokemon is aggressive you will be forced to battle the wild Pokemon. Once you have defeated the Pokemon you may choose to catch the wild Pokemon and add it to your team, or you can leave the Pokemon and take the experience (See Leveling for more info)

Sadly, you will not win every battle that you come across. What happens if you lose? When all of your Pokemon have lost the will to fight, you will be forced to go back to the last town you have visited. Upon going there, you will see a Pokemon Nurse and she will heal your Pokemon back to full health.

Leveling-
The point of the Forum (as a general rule) is to raise Pokemon to reach their maximum potential. How do you do that, you may ask. Well, that, my dear Watson, is elementary! You do this by leveling them up! Now you're probably thinking: "How do I level up, Amaya?" Well, there are two ways of doing this:

Trainer/Wild Pokemon Battles:

In a Trainer Battle, two trainers pit their Pokemon against each other and fight to see who has the strongest Pokemon. Trainer battles will always be harder than wild Pokemon battles, but there is a plus. Before a Trainer Battle, the two trainers can set up a wager match. In a wager match, each trainer bets a set amount of Money. Winner takes all.

Note: If you win a gym battle, you gain 500 Money as a prize.

Wild Pokemon battles are just what you'd think they are. Battling Wild Pokemon. Anytime you defeat a Wild Pokemon you are given the chance to Capture the Pokemon, or Defeat the Pokemon. If you choose to Capture the Pokemon, you will NOT gain any experience (EXP.) but you will gain the Pokemon. If you defeat the Pokemon you WILL gain EXP, but be forced to leave the Pokemon behind.

Now, here's the system for leveling using Trainer/Wild Pokemon battles:

Pokemon between the levels of 1 and 20 need ONE battle to level up.
Pokemon between the levels of 21 and 50 need TWO battles to level up.
Pokemon between the levels of 51 and 80 need THREE battles to level up.
Pokemon between the levels of 81 and 99 need FOUR battles to level up.

Simple. Here's the second way of leveling up.

Solo-Training:

If you've watched the Anime or read the Manga, then you'll notice that a lot of Ash's training is outside of battling. Sometimes him and his Pokemon beat up innocent trees, other times him and his Pokemon swim through lakes, disturbing peaceful water-type's homes. Nonetheless, he gains EXP from that. So, here's what you have to do:

If you want to do solo-training, you must use a Descriptive Paragraph to tell us about the sort of training you and your Pokemon did. Training can include, but is not limited to: Exercising (Jogging, swimming, hiking), Improving Skills (Focusing on a single move to better it's power), or Polishing Contest Techniques (Obviously for Coordinators only).

Your Solo-Training, so focus only on training with your Pokemon. Telling us what your Pokemon are thinking, or what color the trees are does not count as training and will not count towards your leveling unless it has relevance to your training method. Relevance of your paragraph will be determined by your Mod, but may be overruled by a Site Owner. Do not question your Mod's decision and do not argue with the Site Owner.

Anyways... The leveling you have done during Solo-Training does not count until your Mod approves the paragraph and confirms your levels.

Pokemon between the levels of 1 and 20 need a post of at least 400 words to level up.
Pokemon between the levels of 21 and 50 need a post of at least 600 words to level up.
Pokemon between the levels of 51 and 80 need a post of at least 800 words to level up.
Pokemon between the levels of 81 and 99 need a post of at least 1,000 words to level up.

Stick to this, and your Pokemon will be leveling up in no time!

Remember, we try to follow the games in this forum. As your Pokemon grow, they will learn new attacks which they will use in battle. Now, if it were a perfect world your Pokemon would remember everything they've learned, but sadly, this isn't a perfect world and Pokemon can only have Four attacks to use in battle. If your Pokemon learns a new attack and you would like to use that attack, you will have to have it forget another move if it already has four attacks.

Example.

Lucario grew to level 50. Lucario already knows Poison Jab, Aura Sphere, Reversal, and Brick Break. But, he wants to learn the new attack Dragon Pulse. In order for him to learn said move, you will have to choose which attack you don't want any more. In this case, we'll get rid of Reversal. Now Lucario knows the moves Poison Jab, Aura Sphere, Brick Break, and Dragon Pulse. He cannot use reversal anymore. Make sense?

Evolution-
Happiness
For a Pokemon to evolve with happiness (Budew, Munchlax, Riolu, Pichu, etc.) they must play a direct role in AT LEAST Ten good threads. By "good threads" I mean a thread that is at least Four pages long. The Pokemon must play a lead, or second lead, role in the entire thread for it to gain a happiness point. Once you have Ten happiness points then it will evolve after it wins one more battle.

Time of Day
There are a handful of Pokemon that evolve based on the Time of Day (Nighttime or Daytime). I think this rule should be very obvious, but I'll clarify anyways...
You know. I think an example would be easier than trying to explain it.
We'll use Eevee as the example Pokemon of the day!

Eevee defeated Seedot. The stars were high in the sky and the moon cast a deep shadow over everything. Eevee began to glow brightly in the darkness! Oh my! Eevee evolved into Umbreon! (yay!)

Eevee defeated Seedot. The sun was high in the sky. Eevee began to glow brightly! Oh my! Eevee evolved into Espeon! (yay!)

Get it? If not... Well... Ask me or a mod for more details.
Back to top Go down
https://theshikokuregion.rpg-board.net

In-Game Rules
Page 1 of 1